(Supports, Prevents, Educates, Advocates, to keep Strong) Against Sexual Violence is a countywide nonprofit sexual assault program that provides victim-centric services for individuals of all gender, ages 13 and up.
We serve all survivors of sexual assault (except anyone below the age of 13 years old), both male and female, regardless of race, religion, financial status, immigration status, educational background, gender identity or sexual preference. These services extend to family members, marital/dating partners and friends.
We are committed to ending sexual violence through education and awareness, by empowering, supporting and advocating for all those affected by this crime.
Generous support and collaboration makes our work possible.
• Hudson S.P.E.A.K.S, formerly known as Hudson County Rape Crisis Center, is located on the campus of Christ Hospital in Jersey City and receives annual support from the CarePoint Health Foundation. (links)
• As one of 21 designated county programs providing rape care and prevention services, we receive grant support and technical assistance from the state of New Jersey.
are vital to what we do and to Hudson County's health.
These carefully trained listeners make the 24-hour crisis hotline accessible to people in numerous languages. This is key for a county that’s one of America’s most ethnically diverse, and why we have a special focus on women from South Asia.
To volunteer, please contact us at 201-795-8741
Your donations help victims of sexual violence, their families and our communities throughout Hudson County—especially our most at-risk and vulnerable citizens.
On behalf of everyone we serve, thank you for helping create a violence-free society.
- We offer confidential services to all of our clients.
- We believe in each individual's strength, creativity, and resolution.
- We strive to empower individuals to feel free to make their own choices.
- We are committed to cultural awareness and cultural humility.
- We are committed to helping individuals explore all options by providing sound information/options.
- Systemic Change
- Change is Possible
OUR VISION is a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way through education, empowering victims of sexual violence.